COVID-19 Public Notice
2020/21 Community Commitment Policy
Due to the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 and our commitment to best serve our guests, Bridger Bowl has made
advances and adjustments to our season passes, policies and buying process.
All pass/ticket products may be subject to social distancing standards. In the event daily guest allowance (number
of people allowed on mountain at one time) restrictions become necessary for the 2020/21 season, announcements and
details will be released at that time.
- No price increase on season pass or day ticket products
- Payment plan now available for Season Pass products beginning July 2020
- 0% interest
- Number of payments based on initial purchase date (payments divided equally by number of months remaining up
to November 15th)
- Installments automatically charged monthly on the 15th of each month
- Installments must be completed by November 15th.
- Early season pricing will continue to remain valid only until October 15, 2020
- Covid-19 Commitment: Cancel any time prior to November 20, 2020, for any reason, for a refund (minus $20
fee). A plan for opening will be released by the first week of November.
2019/20 COVID-19 Credit Policies:
- Due to the close proximity of the closure to the end of the 2019/20 season, Season Passes will
have no credits issued for the 2020/21 season. Please see the Bridger Bowl Covid-19 Commitment for the 2020/21
- Day Ticket Products unused in 2019/20 will be honored for the first three (3) weeks
after opening day. This will be done in the fall through the new estore.
- For Bridger Bowl issued ticket products, please establish a new Bridger Bowl online
account and contact
- For Partner issued ticket products, please establish a new Bridger Bowl online account and
organizations program manager
There is still no access to the base area lodges until further notice as we are trying to keep our employees safe
and healthy by not permitting them to work on-site. Seasonal locker holders will not be required to clean out
lockers this year and should check the website for the most up to date information on access.
Bridger Bowl closed for the season Sunday, March 15, 2020 at noon. Although there were no confirmed cases of
COVID-19 at Bridger Bowl, we closed in order to do our part in limiting the spread of the virus. After careful
consideration, we concluded that closing for the season was the way we could help to protect the health of our
guests and employees.
We at Bridger Bowl are skiers and snowboarders at heart, we are members of our vibrant community and we understand
how this impacts our staff, and our community and visitors from afar. This decision was not made lightly, our
commitment to safety is of utmost importance.
Given the extenuating circumstances related to COVID-19, we have relaxed our cancellation policies for online
tickets and lodging reservations. Please email email@example.com
There is no access to the base area lodges until further notice as we are trying to keep our employees safe and
healthy by not permitting them to work on-site. Seasonal locker holders will not be required to clean out lockers
this year and should check the website for the most up to date information on access.
Deposits on performance skis will be honored and people will be contacted when more information is available.
Due to the majority of Bridger Bowl donations issued for large social gatherings, donations have been suspended
indefinitely. All donations at this time have been denied. Once it is safe for our community to come together
donation requests will be available online. At that time, if your event is rescheduled, please re-submit a donation
A Letter from the General Manager
Information and Resources: