King and Queen of the Ridge
Hike & Ski/Ride-a-thon Fundraising Event
Funds raised in this event help support avalanche education in Southwest Montana. Collect pledges for one, two, or the most ridge hikes you can do in five hours. 100% of the funds raised go to the Friends of the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center with $163,161 raised since 2003!
- Skiers and Snowboarders
- Age categories: 12 and under, 13-18, 19 and up
- Participants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult during event
- Teams encouraged
- Limited to 100 (total) competitors
- Top of the Bridger Lift, on the Ridge
- $15 for all competitors
- Valid Season Pass or Lift Ticket required for competitors
- Half day prepaid lift rate for competitors, pick up ticket at competitor’s meeting
- 8am Mandatory competitor’s meeting in FaceShots in the Jim Bridger Lodge
- 9:30am – 2:30pm race hours as conditions allow
- 457kHz avalanche transceiver
- Retention devices or brakes
- Secure skis/board while hiking
- Helmet recommended
- 4pm in Jim Bridger Lodge
- Medals to top three male and female finishers in each age group
- Awards to King and Queen of the Ridge, individual with most money raised, and to the family with the most hikes
- Teams can win boasting rights for the highest average hikes by a team and/or most money raised by a team
- Fantastic door prizes – must participate and be present to win
- Entry into grand prize drawing March 15
- Pre-registration required by NOON Friday, January, 31; sign up online with a credit card or in the Marketing Office in the Jim Bridger Lodge with cash, check or credit card
- No race day registration will be allowed
- If under the age of 18, signature of a parent or legal guardian is required
- One release per competitor
- Create a Pledge Page at go.rallyup.com/king-and-queen-2020
- All pledges made before end of race (2:30 p.m day of event) via RallyUp (checks accepted) will be counted toward fundraising prizes and awards.
- Online pledging will close at 2:30 p.m.
- Checks should be made out to Friends of GNFAC, and may be turned into the Bridger Marketing Office or mailed to the Friends of GNFAC, PO Box 6799, Bozeman MT 59771.
- Supporters can also text KQ2020 to 855-202-2100 for a pledge link to donate